Symposia Reports 2014.pdf (827.7 kB)
ICES Symposia Report 2014
reportposted on 2023-03-02, 08:18 authored by ICESICES
Report on ICES sponsored symposia held in 2014:
- The Second Fishery Dependent Information (FDI) Symposium; held 3–6 March 2014, in Rome, Italy.
- ICES/PICES Symposium on "Ecological basis of risk analysis for marine ecosystems"; held 2–4 June 2014, in Porvoo, Finland.
- Symposium on “Effects of fishing on benthic fauna and habitat: Change in ecosystem composition and functioning in response to fishing intensity, gear type and discard”; held 17–19 June 2014, in Tromsø, Norway.
- International Eel Symposium 2014: Are the eels climbing back up the slippery slope?; held 17–21 August 2014, in Quebec City, Canada.
- Johan Hjort Symposium on Recruitment Dynamics and Stock Variability; held 7–9 October 2014, in Bergen, Norway.
- The Fifth International Otolith Symposium 2014; held 20–24 October 2014, in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
- PICES Meeting 2014 BIO/MEQ Topic Session (S3) "Tipping points: defining reference points for ecological indicators of multiple stressors in coastal and marine ecosystems"; held 21 October 2014, in Yeosu, Korea.
- PICES Meeting 2014 BIO/MEQ Topic Session (S8) "Marine debris in the Ocean: Sources, transport, fate and effects of marine Litter"; held 23 October 2014, in Yeosu, Korea.
- PICES Meeting 2014 FIS Topic Session (S5) "Ecosystem considerations in fishery management of cod and other im-portant demersal species"; held 22–23 October 2014, in Yeosu, Korea.
- PICES Meeting 2014 POC/MONITOR Topic Session (S9) "Variability in advection and its biological consequences for Subarctic and Arctic ecosystems"; held 23 October 2014, Yeosu, Korea.
SeriesICES sponsored symposia reports
Contributors (Conveners)Norman Graham; Gabriella Bianchi; Kwame Koranteng; William Karp; Kimberly Murray; Hendrik Doerner; Jann Martinsohn; Aasmund Bjordal; Marco Frederiksen; Steve Kennelly; Martin Pastoors; Sakari Kuikka; Tony Smith; Alexei Orlov; Lene Buhl-Mortensen; Carsten Hvingel; Børge Holte; Francis Neat; Mariano Koen-Alonso; Martin Castonguay; John Casselman; Willem Dekker; Richard D.M. Nash; Olav Sigurd Kjesbu; C. Tara Marshall; Svein Sundby; Harald Loeng; Howard Browman; Beatrice Morales-Nin; Audrey Geffen; Rebecca G. Martone; Ian Perry; Jameal Samhouri; Motomitsu Takahashi; Maciej T. Tomczak; Chang Ik Zhang; Gordon H. Kruse; Sukgeun Jung; Alexei Orlov; Xianshi Jin; Jacquelynne King; Kenneth Drinkwater; Franz Mueter; Enrique Curchitser; Sen Tok Kim; Hiroshi Kuroda; Sei-Ichi Saitoh
Recommnded citationICES. 2014. ICES Symposia Report 2014. ICES CM 2014/GEN:01. 30 pp. https://doi.org/10.17895/ices.pub.22189147
symposiaFisheryrisk analysis for marine ecosystemsEffects of fishingbenthic fauna and habitatecosystem composition and functioningfishing intensityfishing gear typeEelJohan HjortRecruitment dynamicsstock variabilityOtolithdefining reference pointtipping pointsecological indicatorscoastal and marine ecosystemsMarine debris in the Oceanmarine litterfishery managementecosystemcoddemersal speciesadvectionsubarctic and arctic ecosystemsCM 2014/GEN