ICES Working Group on Data Collection and Processing in Fish Capture Research
Mr Margetts and Mr MacLennan were appointed joint rapporteurs.
"The convener's agenda, as follows, was adopted and worked through.
1. Convener's introduction.
2. Establishment of agenda for the meeting and review of broad scope and aims of Working Group.
3. Review of forms of data measuring and recording in member countries (Summary by individual ~embers with special reference to recent and current work).
4. Standardization of data collection systems
5. Standardization of data analysis.
6. Discussion of value and scope of proposed data bank.
7. Preparation of list of experimental results to be used as examples for a future data collection and processing system, e.g. fish tank experiments, sea trials, hydrodynamic studies in tanks, experiments based on photographic techniques,. etc., etc.
8. Choice of specific items from 7. which can be used in an initial data bank system on an experimental basis (one or two specific experiments or areas of work should be chosen in order that special difficulties are shown up before the final plan of working procedure is produced).
9. Any other relevant business.
10. Preparation of draft report for submission to ICES Gear and Behaviour Committee on this meeting, together with recommendations of further work needed to prepare a comprehensive plan far data collection and processing in fish capture research.
Published under the auspices of the following ICES Steering Group or Committee
- Historical content