Report of the ad hoc Study Group on Management Measures for the Small-Meshed Fishery in Division IlIa
The three parties to the consultations on fishery regulations in the Skagerrak and Kattegat (F.EC, Norway and Sweden) in January 1985 requested ICES to provide an early opinion on technical regulatory measures for the sprat fishery in that area.
Lack of detailed information prevented ACFM in dealing with this request at its meeting in llay 191\5, and it was decided to call a meeting of an ad hoc Study Croup to consider this problem. The terms of reference of this group were given in a letter of 10.7.85 from the General Secretary of ICES to the ICES delegates:
I. to describe the small-meshed fishery
- define the target species for sectors of the fleet;
- assess fleet size by sector;
- compile historic catches broken down by species. and in as short time-periods and small sub-divisions as possible;
2. to review the biological basis of previously agreed management measures for the fishery in this area;
3. to assess the biological implications of different management measures.
The Study Croup should meet at the Danish Institute for Fisheries and marine Research, Charlottenlund, Copenhagen on 22-25 October 1985, and report to the November meeting of ACFM.
Published under the auspices of the following ICES Steering Group or Committee